Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's A Pop Song

I have been listening to a lot of "pop" music these days. I hate using that word, but it's the best way to describe it. I have been knee deep in ELO, Cheap Trick, Queen, Jellyfish, Beach Boys, and many more I will not mention.

It rubs off. It also does not. But sometimes, it rubs off without you knowing it. I think I have a new song. The word "think" is a good way to describe it. I've got the music worked out, and a few of the lyrics, but a trip to the library tonight will yield the completion. 

I have been doing some research on pop songs. Why they are hits, what similarities they have etc etc. The  Josh decided to learn "Don't Stop Believing." Those 4 chord are used in a million songs, most of them hits. No, I did not write a song using those chords, but went back into research mode and found some chords that could work and fit the song I have been trying to write.

It's a song about the Wright Brothers. Orville and Wilbur. You know, the dudes that built and successfully flew the first airplane? This song has to be joyous and somewhat of a celebration. The airplane is one of the most important inventions in the 20th century. The main breakthrough these guys were able to make was the invention of the three-axis control. Like many inventions before, they were not the first but get the credit because they were capable of creating an aircraft that could be steered by a pilot and maintain equilibrium while using a fixed set of wings. Pretty cool huh? No invention would be complete without controversy, But i'm choosing to leave all the patent wars out of this one, my other new song about Nikola Tesla will yield nothing but scandalism.

It's nice to know that combined with another new song we have about 4 more on the horizon. Pretty cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most of Our Visitors Are Belgian