Tuesday, May 11, 2010

D-Day

Drop day.

The record is available on iTunes, Amazon mp3, Napster and Bandcamp today.

In some ways this is the end of a long journey. Casting my nets into various media sources these days has shown me that the journey of getting the record out there is just beginning.

It's been a great ride, and it's been hard to believe that this moment is now here. The way we do shows is different now since we'll have something to sell readily. No show that produces record sales can be a complete waste of time.

I wonder how the response is going to be. Who all will want to buy this? Several people say they do, and my confidence slides between thinking we'll sell well or not at all.

I woke up early and began the promotion for the record. I flipped the "ON" switch at Bandcamp. The iTunes company tends to do what it wants with release dates. I was afraid it wouldn't be available today, but I checked last night and it was already up. Better early than late in this case. Amazon had clips up weeks ago, and it's available there too. I don't have a Napster account, so I can't check that one.

"Expect the worst and hope for the best," is my motto in all of this, adding, "Work my butt off," to that as well. Lots of shows coming. Practice is going well for the record release show, our next huge hurdle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most of Our Visitors Are Belgian